May 19, 2013
5 Amazingly Simple Tips for Wrinkle Free Skin
Do you want to have beautiful wrinkle-free skin, but you don’t want to spend a fortune in cosmetics or take the risk of plastic surgery?
Then you’ve come to the right place.
Your skin is beautiful and unique, and it needs a little pampering now and then. These amazingly simple tips and tricks will not only leave your skin looking younger and healthier, but it may even help delay the natural aging process and reduce your risk for various skin problems.
No need to bust your wallet. These tricks aren’t just effective, they’re affordable too!
Top 5 Tips and Tricks for Healthy Skin
1. Shun the Sun: Although there’s a lot of hype in the media these days that the tanned and toned beach body is the ideal body image, keep in mind that the sun is the number one culprit for causing wrinkles, age spots, and other skin problems, on top of the ever-constant risk of skin cancer. The more you limit your skin’s exposure to the sun, the better off you’ll be.
If you’re the adventurous type and just can’t stay away from the great outdoors, then the following may be able to provide you with the most protection.
• Don’t Skip the Sunscreen – Look for a sunscreen that has an SPF of 15 or higher, and be sure to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours
• Don’t go out during the hottest part of the day – between 10 a.m. and 4 pm., the sun’s rays are strongest and your skin will be the most vulnerable.
• Make a fashion statement – protective clothing such as sunglasses and hats will not only keep your skin looking younger, but you’ll come off looking trendy rather than cautious.
2. Stay Hydrated and Healthy: In order to look and feel your best, your skin needs a wide variety of nutrients and a great deal of water. By eating a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables, you can make sure that your skin gets the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants it needs to repair and restore damaged skin skills while improving your skin’s overall tone and texture.
Additionally, your skin is composed primarily of water, and this zero-calorie beverage can help flush the body of harmful toxins that may be wreaking havoc on your skin. Keep a water-bottle handy and be sure to consume at least 6-8 cups of water a day for the best results.
If you need a few more tips on how your diet can improve your skin, you can read this article here.
3. Stamp Out the Cigarette : If you smoke, then you’ve probably had the health risks shoved in your face over and over again. However, we can’t emphasize enough how much damage smoking can cause to your skin.
Smoking restricts the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of the skin, which consequently reduces blood flow and decreases the amount of oxygen and nutrients that are vital for overall skin health. Not only will this damage the production of collagen and elastin in your skin, but the repetitive facial expressions will cause the delicate muscles in your face to contract, increasing your chance of wrinkles.
4. Anger Management : To put it simply, the more you stress, the more your hormones will fluctuate throughout the day. Heightened levels of stress and anger can increase your skin’s sensitivity to acne breakouts and other skin problems. Take control of your stress levels by finding time to unwind.
5. Take Care of Your Skin: The skin around your eyes is especially thin and delicate. Everyday wear and tear can take its toll on your skin’s ability to heal and protect itself. Pamper your skin by keeping it clean and well moisturized. Additionally, you may even have to adjust your current skincare regimen to ensure that you’re taking proper care of your skin.
• Cut that shower short – although it may feel soothing and relaxing to take a long, hot shower or bath at the end of the day, the longer you’re in the water, the more you’ll remove the natural protective oils from the skin.
• Avoid strong soaps – has your skin ever felt tight after washing? Despite what you may think, that’s not the feeling of clean, healthy skin. Strong soaps can leave your skin dry and tight, rather than strong and smooth.
• Use lotion – Healthy skin cells are moist and resistant to damage. Give your skin a little extra protection with a reliable moisturizer.
A few simple changes to your skincare regimen can go a long way, and with these tips and tricks, you can bring back that youthful glow without burning through your budget. As long as you keep your skin healthy, you can keep your skin wrinkle-free and beautiful.